Rockland
Helping Parents Make Better Decisions
Family Calendar - Search for Kids' Activities in Your Area


To avoid disappointment, please call to confirm the event is still happening - and remember to follow COVID safety precautions



Junior Farmers' Camp Open House

This event has already taken place. Click here for the latest events.

Join Cropsey for an Open House for their Junior Farmers' Camp. Bring the kids and visit the farm, meet the counselors, participate in some activities (gardening and nature arts), have some refreshments and pet the goats.

About Cropsey Community Farm

220 S Little Tor Rd

New City, NY

845-634-3167


    Cropsey Community Farm is the largest CSA model farm in the NY metro area. The historic 25 acres of farmland in New City were saved from development in the early 2000s, and the property is now farmed in harmony with nature using all biodynamic, sustainable methods.  Cropsey produces the region’s most flavorful, nutrient-rich produce 12 months per year in the fertile fields and hoop houses. 

    Cropsey Farm was purchased by the first generation of Cropseys in 1893, when the landscape of Rockland County rolled gently over the terrain of more than 500 farms. Jim Cropsey, the grandson of the man who purchased the acreage, spent much of his life cultivating the beloved Cropsey Farm that became a regional landmark during the latter half of the 20th century. As farmland began to give way to residential developments around Rockland County after the construction of the Tappan Zee Bridge, Cropsey Farm continued to thrive until Jim and his wife, Pat Cropsey, retired in 1999.

    In 2006, the Cropseys sold their 25-acre plot to the Town of Clarkstown through Rockland County’s Open Space Program.  Rockland Farm Alliance then signed a lease to maintain the land as a working farm, thus establishing Cropsey Community Farm in 2011.

    Jim and Pat Cropsey continue to live on the property of their beautiful farm, residing in the sandstone farmhouse that has bore witness to centuries of local history since its construction by the Blauvelt brothers in 1769.