Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Arts & Crafts
Classes for Kids
Classes for Parents
April 21, 2013
Long Island Children's Museum
$12 museum admission
Did you know that there are now more than 41,000 plants and animals in the world listed as vulnerable or endangered and on the brink of extinction? Join us for an Earth Day afternoon as we honor them and find out how we can help. Make earth-friendly resolutions to conserve nature and create reminders of our changing world.
Address: 11 Davis Ave. Garden City, NY 11530
Long Island Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. Long Island Children's Museum invites visitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to explore freely, discover their passions, and appreciate the communities and world we share.
Standard hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wheelchair accessible: Yes Stroller parking: Yes Stroller check: No Bring food: Yes Buy food: Yes Where is food allowed: Food allowed in designated spots Changing tables in the women's room(s): Yes Changing tables in the men's room(s): Yes Family bathroom: Yes
Enjoy play days at the award-winning Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), specifically designed to support and nurture your child’s developmental stages. LICM provides families with opportunities to play and learn…together.
• Interactive exhibits and programs that stretch minds and bodies
• TotSpot gallery, designed specifically for crawlers, cruisers and toddlers
• Daily early childhood classes to build confidence as little ones cook, craft and dance
• A stage you never outgrow; live theater presented in a relaxed, intimate setting.
• Workshops introducing complex themes and timely topics in fun and engaging ways
• Free parking in two lots surrounding Museum
• Museum is fully accessible; assistive devices
• Cafeteria with vended food
• Coat Room with lockers
Parking: Free Play area: Indoor and Outdoor Party room: Yes
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
FIND LOCAL EVENTS:
Tell them you saw it on
Get NYMetroParents via Email