Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Arts & Crafts
Classes for Kids
Classes for Parents
January 14, 2018
Long Island Children's Museum
$9 with museum admission: $13; $12 seniors; free children younger than 1
Join us for a live musical adventure set in Long Island’s Great South Bay. Meet Clammy the Clam who confesses she is not “happy as a clam.” Clammy and her best friend Grabby the fiddler crab set out to find her happiness by wishing on a star. They learn about creating friendships when they befriend a love-struck fluke and float with a jellyfish. This new quartet of friends meets the hungry rock and roll performer, Sea Star, and the chase is on! Written by award-winning family performer/journalist and Long Islander Lena Pennino Smith. Sensory Friendly Performances allow for individuals on the Autism Spectrum to attend theater performances in a more comfortable setting that includes lighting and sound adjustments.
Address: 11 Davis Ave.
Garden City, NY 11530
Long Island Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. Long Island Children's Museum invites visitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to explore freely, discover their passions, and appreciate the communities and world we share.
Standard hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
Stroller parking: Yes
Stroller check: No
Bring food: Yes
Buy food: Yes
Where is food allowed: Food allowed in designated spots
Changing tables in the women's room(s): Yes
Changing tables in the men's room(s): Yes
Family bathroom: Yes
Enjoy play days at the award-winning Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), specifically designed to support and nurture your child’s developmental stages. LICM provides families with opportunities to play and learn…together.
• Interactive exhibits and programs that stretch minds and bodies
• TotSpot gallery, designed specifically for crawlers, cruisers and toddlers
• Daily early childhood classes to build confidence as little ones cook, craft and dance
• A stage you never outgrow; live theater presented in a relaxed, intimate setting.
• Workshops introducing complex themes and timely topics in fun and engaging ways
• Free parking in two lots surrounding Museum
• Museum is fully accessible; assistive devices
• Cafeteria with vended food
• Coat Room with lockers
Play area: Indoor and Outdoor
Party room: Yes
Tell them you saw it on
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NYMetroParents via Email