Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Arts & Crafts
Classes for Kids
Classes for Parents
July 12, 2018
11:30am and 2pm.
Long Island Children's Museum
Pre-school & younger, Young elementary, Tween, Teen, Adult
$9 with museum admission: $14; $13 seniors, free children younger than 1; $12 theater only
They Might Be Giants bassist and Long Island native Danny Weinkauf formed the Red Pants Band in 2014. The GRAMMY- winning musician is joined by Tina Kenny Jones on bass and vocals and Steve Plesnarski on drums and vocals. The trio have released three critically acclaimed, multi-award winning albums: No School Today, Red Pants Band, and Totally Osome!, along with seven singles. The band has performed its fun and catchy brand of intelligent pop rock everywhere from NYC parks and museums to Lollapalooza and all around the USA. LICM is delighted to have Danny back to help us celebrate summer.
Address: 11 Davis Ave. Garden City, NY 11530
Long Island Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. Long Island Children's Museum invites visitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to explore freely, discover their passions, and appreciate the communities and world we share.
Standard hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wheelchair accessible: Yes Stroller parking: Yes Stroller check: No Bring food: Yes Buy food: Yes Where is food allowed: Food allowed in designated spots Changing tables in the women's room(s): Yes Changing tables in the men's room(s): Yes Family bathroom: Yes
Enjoy play days at the award-winning Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), specifically designed to support and nurture your child’s developmental stages. LICM provides families with opportunities to play and learn…together.
• Interactive exhibits and programs that stretch minds and bodies
• TotSpot gallery, designed specifically for crawlers, cruisers and toddlers
• Daily early childhood classes to build confidence as little ones cook, craft and dance
• A stage you never outgrow; live theater presented in a relaxed, intimate setting.
• Workshops introducing complex themes and timely topics in fun and engaging ways
• Free parking in two lots surrounding Museum
• Museum is fully accessible; assistive devices
• Cafeteria with vended food
• Coat Room with lockers
Parking: Free Play area: Indoor and Outdoor Party room: Yes
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Tell them you saw it on
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NYMetroParents via Email