Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Arts & Crafts
Classes for Kids
Classes for Parents
January 21, 2019
11:30am and 2pm.
Long Island Children's Museum
Young elementary, Tween
$9 with museum admission:$14; $13 seniors; free children younger than 1
Join us to celebrate Songs of Freedom, a tribute concert of American folk music for young audiences. Using poetry, historic slave narratives, a cappella harmonies and historic photographs, this show focuses on two pivotal times in American history: Slavery and the Civil Rights Movement. In a powerful and improvisational voice, Robbi K & Friends lead the audience towards a deeper understanding and expanded perspective of our history. Families are invited to put their own voices into the lessons of history by singing freedom and protest songs like “We Shall Overcome,” “If I Had a Hammer,” and “Marchin' Down to Selma,” clapping and moving. Feel the stories the songs tell, and sing along with these songs of freedom.
Address: 11 Davis Ave.
Garden City, NY 11530
Long Island Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. Long Island Children's Museum invites visitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to explore freely, discover their passions, and appreciate the communities and world we share.
Standard hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
Stroller parking: Yes
Stroller check: No
Bring food: Yes
Buy food: Yes
Where is food allowed: Food allowed in designated spots
Changing tables in the women's room(s): Yes
Changing tables in the men's room(s): Yes
Family bathroom: Yes
Enjoy play days at the award-winning Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), specifically designed to support and nurture your child’s developmental stages. LICM provides families with opportunities to play and learn…together.
• Interactive exhibits and programs that stretch minds and bodies
• TotSpot gallery, designed specifically for crawlers, cruisers and toddlers
• Daily early childhood classes to build confidence as little ones cook, craft and dance
• A stage you never outgrow; live theater presented in a relaxed, intimate setting.
• Workshops introducing complex themes and timely topics in fun and engaging ways
• Free parking in two lots surrounding Museum
• Museum is fully accessible; assistive devices
• Cafeteria with vended food
• Coat Room with lockers
Play area: Indoor and Outdoor
Party room: Yes
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NYMetroParents via Email