Get our weekly guide to the best local family events!
Arts & Crafts
Classes for Kids
Classes for Parents
May 01, 2019 through May 31, 2019
see website for exact dates, 2:30-4pm.
Long Island Children's Museum
Pre-school & younger, Young elementary
$14; $13 seniors 65 and older; free for members and children 1 and younger
Buzz into the Museum this month to decorate your own buggy garden hat to wear home. This is a free drop in program. Stop by anytime between 2:30 and 4:00. This craft takes approximately ten minutes to complete and it's yours to keep!
Address: 11 Davis Ave.
Garden City, NY 11530
Long Island Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. Long Island Children's Museum invites visitors of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to explore freely, discover their passions, and appreciate the communities and world we share.
Standard hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
Stroller parking: Yes
Stroller check: No
Bring food: Yes
Buy food: Yes
Where is food allowed: Food allowed in designated spots
Changing tables in the women's room(s): Yes
Changing tables in the men's room(s): Yes
Family bathroom: Yes
Enjoy play days at the award-winning Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM), specifically designed to support and nurture your child’s developmental stages. LICM provides families with opportunities to play and learn…together.
• Interactive exhibits and programs that stretch minds and bodies
• TotSpot gallery, designed specifically for crawlers, cruisers and toddlers
• Daily early childhood classes to build confidence as little ones cook, craft and dance
• A stage you never outgrow; live theater presented in a relaxed, intimate setting.
• Workshops introducing complex themes and timely topics in fun and engaging ways
• Free parking in two lots surrounding Museum
• Museum is fully accessible; assistive devices
• Cafeteria with vended food
• Coat Room with lockers
Play area: Indoor and Outdoor
Party room: Yes
NYMetroParents directories list the best businesses, professionals, and resources in your area. Click your region and get started!
Get NYMetroParents via Email