NYMetroParents, the parenting division of Davler Media Group, publishes eight regional print magazines around the greater New York City metro region, as well as the website nymetroparents.com.Read more...
To avoid disappointment, please call to confirm the event is still happening - and remember to follow COVID safety precautions
Celebrate Chinese New Year with two Chinese ancient folk arts - Chinese Knotting and Paper Cutting. Librarian Hsien-min Chen will teach you tying the Double Coin Knot, and cut out a paper Chinese character with you. The two projects will then be combined into one pretty hanging decoration that will bring you luck and fortune for the upcoming new year. Register for the workshop to be contacted to pick up the material kit. If you prefer to use your own supplies, you will need the following:
1. 1 piece of 8'' x 8'' construction or origami paper. Red is the best, but other colors also work.
2. 1 small piece of colored card stock (any color), about 2' x 6.5'
3. print the Chinese character "Luck" template and the "Year of Ox" bookmark here.
4. 1 piece of 2mm or 3mm satin cord or parachute cord, 15".
5. 1 piece of 0.8mm or 1.4mm or 1.5mm statin or metallic cord/string, 36".
(for 4 and 5, you'll want a piece of thicker cord, and a piece of thinner cord with two different colors that compliment each other)
6. 2 jewelry beads with holes big enough for two of your thinner cords to go through together.
You will also need (not included in the kit): a pair of scissors, a glue stick, and a hole puncher (the hole will be punched for you if getting a kit from the library).
60 Livingston Ave.
New Brunswick, NJ
Sent every weekend