Nature Place Day Camp (The)Click Here to Get More Info
The Nature Place is a non-competitive, nature-oriented day camp for children ages 4-16, located on 200 acres in Chestnut Ridge, NY, with bus transportation from NYC, Bergen County, NJ, and Westchester.
We truly love what we've been doing for over 30 years: providing campers with a safe summer in which they can be themselves, be challenged, have fun, connect with others and the earth, develop new skills, and be supported throughout.
At The Nature Place campers discover hands-on, pressure-free programming and an exceptionally well-trained staff. They do not find competitive sports, awards, TV or video games. Instead, campers go outside, explore, create and play.
Through outdoor play and learning and cooperation rather than competition, we encourage within each of our campers a sense of wonder towards the natural world. We do this through a variety of activities: gardening, cooking, swimming, earth art, games, hiking, music, drama, storytelling, farming and more.
- Non-competitive, supportive environment
- Nature-oriented programming
- Extensive staff training
- 200 acres of fields, forests, and streams
- Daily swim in our beautiful "pond"
- American Red Cross swimming skills
- Organic farm & gardens
- Backpacking, canoeing & rock climbing overnight trips for older kids
- Offering wonder-filled summers for over 30 years
- ACA accredited camp
Contact Me About Nature Place Day Camp (The)