- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 5/30/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 5/31/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/1/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/12/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/15/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/18/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/20/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/21/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/22/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/26/2012
- Featured Parenting Services Listings for 6/28/2012
Department Of Homeland Security - Transportation Security OfficerClick Here to Get More Info
- Categories: Home Services
Job Title: Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Transportation Security Administration
Sub Agency: DHS - Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number: LGA-F09-P001
SALARY RANGE: $32,847.00 - $49,270.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, May 27, 2010 to Monday, July 26, 2010
SERIES & GRADE: SV-1802-D/D
POSITION INFORMATION: Part-TimePermanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: E
DUTY LOCATIONS: many vacancies - Flushing, NY
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Open to All U.S. Citizens and U.S. Nationals.
DUTY LOCATION IS FLUSHING, NEW YORK
For further information concerning U.S. citizenship, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis.
Relocation: Relocation expenses will not be authorized.
TSO - Xray Baggage
DUTY LOCATION IS FLUSHING, NEW YORK
The salary range listed includes locality pay of 28.72%. The salary range listed is for a full-time position. If you are applying to a part-time position, your salary will be pro-rated based upon the actual number of hours worked.
Securing Travel, Protecting People: At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and public transit systems. We protect our transportation infrastructure from terrorist attack and ensure freedom of movement for people and
- At TSA, we act swiftly and with integrity to:
- Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats, utilizing state of the art technology
- Educate and provide friendly customer service to travelers
- Screen passengers and gather intelligence
- Coordinate security involving aviation, rail, and other surface and maritime transportation
- Oversee most transportation-related responsibilities of the federal government during a national emergency
Please read all the information provided in this announcement to ensure that you meet the qualifications, understand the key requirements and are able to perform the physically demanding duties of this job. Visit https://hraccess-assessment.tsa.dhs.gov/TSOFAQs/BackgroundRequirements.pdf/ for more information regarding the TSO eligibility standards.
Per TSA Management Directive 1100.61-1, Transportation Security Officer (TSO) positions have been designated as emergency/essential. This means that in the event of an emergency, including adverse weather conditions, individuals occupying emergency/essential positions may be required to continue working. These individuals will not be dismissed or excused from any responsibilities due to the need to continue TSA operations during emergency situations. This also means that emergency/essential employees could be ordered to report for duty based on operational needs.
US Department of Homeland Security
Transportation Security Administration
Security Operations at LaGuardia Airport
Duty Location: Flushing, New York
- Must be a US Citizen or US National; be 18 years old at time of application
- Be proficient in English; have customer service skills
- Dependable & operate with integrity; repeatedly lift/carry up to 70 pounds
- Maintain focus & awareness within a stressful environment
- Meet job-related medical standards and pass background investigation
- See Qualifications and Evaluations for additional requirements.
Additional Duty Location Info:
many vacancies - Flushing, NY
You will perform a variety of duties related to providing security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft. As a TSO, you may be required to perform passenger screening, baggage screening or both. You are expected to perform all of these duties in a courteous and professional manner. The principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform security screening:
- Of persons, including tasks such as: hand-wanding (which includes the requirement to reach and wand the individual from the floor to over head), pat-down searches, and monitoring walk-through metal detector screening equipment
- Of property, including the operation of x-ray machines to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft
- Control entry and exit points
- Continuously improve security screening processes and personal performance through training and development
TSOs MUST be willing and able to:
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds;
- Continuously stand between one (1) to four (4) hours without a break to carry out screening functions;
- Walk up to two (2) miles during a shift;
- Communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner;
- Maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction; and,
- Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Have reached his/her 18th birthday at the time of application submission;
- Be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing,
speaking, and listening);
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR
- Have at least one year of full-time work experience in security
work, aviation screener work, or X-ray technician work.
Applicants must also possess the following job-related knowledge,
skills, and abilities (selective factors):
PHYSICAL ABILITY: This position requires employees to be willing and able to: repeatedly lift and carry baggage weighing up to 70 pounds; bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk; continuously stand between one and four hours without a break to carry out screening functions; and walk up to two miles during a shift.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: TSOs are required to communicate with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
Applicants must possess customer service skills, be dependable andoperate with integrity.
FOCUS & MENTAL ABILITY: TSOs must be able to maintain focus and awareness and work within a stressful environment. The position requires employees to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations. Necessary skills include visual observation and x-ray interpretation. The work environment includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people, distractions, time pressure, disruptive and angry passengers, and the requirement to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
MEDICAL STANDARDS: All TSOs must meet job-related medical standards that will be assessed in a pre-employment medical evaluation that considers relevant aspects of all body systems (e.g., cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal, auditory, etc.). These medical standards include but are not limited to:
- Visual ability including two functioning eyes with: a) distance vision correctable to 20/30 or better in the best eye and 20/100 or better in the worse eye, b) near vision correctable to 20/40 or better binocular, and c) color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray). Color filters (e.g., contact lenses) for enhancing color discrimination are prohibited;
- Hearing ability (corrected or uncorrected) as measured by audiometry cannot exceed: a) an average hearing loss of 25 decibels (ANSI) at 500, 1000, 2000 and 3000Hz in each ear, and b) single reading of 45 decibels at 4000 and 6000 Hz in each ear;
- Adequate joint mobility, dexterity and range of motion, strength, and stability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 70 pounds; and
- Blood pressure not to exceed 140 / 90.
These requirements comply with the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA Public Law 107-71 (PDF* 174KB), and are required for safe and effective job performance. For more information and what it means to you, please visit:
Contact Me About Department Of Homeland Security - Transportation Security Officer
Read More About Department Of Homeland Security - Transportation Security Officer