NYMetroParents, the parenting division of Davler Media Group, publishes eight regional print magazines around the greater New York City metro region, as well as the website nymetroparents.com.Read more...
Oasis Summer Day Camps in Manhattan
Oasis in Central Park
795 Columbus Ave.
Avital Lazar, director
Oasis in Downtown-PS 110
285 Delancey St.
Stacey Soto, director
Oasis Camps offer specially tailored programs for children from 3 years old entering 9th grade! We offer amazing facilities, mature staff with low camper/staff ratio, a warm safe environment where children have the opportunity to participate in varied activities tailored to their interests!
Early Start Imagination Camp (ESIC)
Children ages 3 years old to entering kindergarten.
• Low child to staff ratio.
• Ready for September enrichment component.
• Specialized experienced instruction staff
• Daily schedule accommodates both physical and creative needs of campers.
• American Red Cross Instructional and recreational swim program to build confidence and comfort in the water.
• Participate in all camp events!
Children entering 1st to 3rd grade.
• Varied sports and non-sports programming designed to expose campers to new, exciting and fun activities.
• Non-competitive, inclusive environment stresses building bonds and friendships.
• Choice time activities to give campers the opportunity to pick their own activities.
• American Red Cross instructional and recreational swim program to further develop skills and confidence.
Children entering 4rd to 6th grade.
• Activities planned to further expand on skills and to explore new interests.
• Programming tailored to meet the maturing tastes of older campers.
• Campers choice-choose your favorite activity and enjoy!
• The opportunity to engage in intramural events, engage in intercamp travel and exciting day trips.
• Or try Gold Coast Sports Academy for a week or more of intense Sports Training!
• American Red Cross swim program tailored to meet skill level and fun!
Teen Travel Program
Teens ages 12-14; entering 7th, 8th & 9th grade.
Our Teen Travel program is an opportunity for teens to broaden their horizons! Daily trips to destinations in Long Island & the New York area include:
• Museums, area beaches, baseball games, amusement parks, interactive workshops with talented professionals & more!
• Community service projects, overnight camp excursions & late-night socials!
• Teens leave Oasis with a new appreciation for their surroundings, as well as learning new skills while forming meaningful friendships.
AT LIU POST!
World Institute for Youth Entrepreneurship (WIYE)
WIYE is a hands on two-week intensive program that guides young entrepreneurs through the process of becoming an innovator and a leader as they launch their own socially-minded venture.
Meet the Director |
Oasis Downtown camp director-Stacie Soto, is excited to return for her ninth summer at Oasis Downtown and her second summer as camp director! A Lower East Side native, Stacie attended day camp for many years as a child and has over 10 years of camp experience. When camp is not in session, Stacie works for the New York City Department of Education. She has a masters in social work. Stacie’s favorite part of camp is Morning Rally, where she loves to cheer and get everyone pumped up for the day.
Sent every weekend